Friday, August 10, 2012

Get Rust Stains Out Of Clothing

Have you ever gotten a rust stain in one of your favorite pair of shorts?  Well my Husband did and let me tell you.  It is not easy to get out.


First I put some Lemon Juice on the stain and sprinkled it with salt.  I let it sit for about 1/2 hour and then scrubbed it with an old toothbrush.













I didn't feel the salt and lemon juice did a whole lot so I put more lemon juice and added cream of tarter and let it sit about another 1/2 hour.   Then scrubbed with the toothbrush









So it is lighter but still not out.   You can either do those steps all over again or do what I did and put some 3 in 1 cleaner on the stain.
















My Husband was very impressed that I got that stain out.  He has had to throw away countless clothing because he doesn't know enough to stay away from the ball hitch on our truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment